The harvest is almost here, and with it comes a lot of preparation, scheduling, organizing, ordering, and general hecticness. To get through the season effectively and efficiently, it definitely helps to be prepared.
“We should remember that good fortune often happens
when opportunity meets with preparation.” ― Thomas A. Edison
The team at A. O. Wilson wants to help make your pre-harvest season preparation a little easier, so we’ve created a handy checklist for you:
Pre-Harvest Bottling Checklist
? Ensure that your pumping and filling equipment is cleaned and sterilized
- We recommend BevSan OXI-K Oxygenated Cleaning Powder as it is specially formulated for use in the wine, cider, beer, and spirit industry. We also recommend Aqua-FX Peracetic Acid Disinfectant to safely and naturally strip away biofilms and microbial contamination.
? Check that your hoses aren’t cracked or need replacing
? Ensure that your gaskets are fitting correctly
? Make sure you have your bottles ready for filling
? Check that you have an ample supply of corks
- Depending on your product, you can choose from T-Corks, Plastic Stoppers and Natural Corks.
? Check that you have an ample supply of capsules
- Depending on your product, you can choose from a variety of Capsules with a range of neck finishes.
? Check that you have an ample supply of screw caps
- Depending on your product, you can choose from a selection of Screw Caps.
? Ensure your labelling equipment is ready to go
- If you are looking for assistance with your Labeller, we can assist you with parts from world-class, pressure sensitive Great Engineering labellers.
At A.O. Wilson, we have all of your pre-harvest bottling needs. Visit us to check out our latest products and equipment — and don’t forget to bring along a bottle to ensure that your closures are properly sized, or send us a spec sheet and our team will guide you through what you need for a successful bottling.